Re: Reattach/redetect allways connected umass device - is it possible ?

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:17:23 -0700 (MST)
In message: <20050329104549.GF28703_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
            Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
: PC Card can be seen differently.
: Current PC Card usually implement an ata drive, but older JEDEC
: flash cards do not.

But we don't support older JEDEC flash cards :-)  If we did, however,
they would go away when the card was ejected...

: But since we don't create a JEDEC drive instance independend of
: media existence this is more an academic view.

Yes.

: In real world we see drive insert/eject with PC Card too.
: There is no drive without anything inserted.

Yes.  The drive and the controler both go away when you swap out the
CF card that's in a PC Card adapter.

: There are also points were things are not so obvious on the first look.
: CF ist one example.
: Technically it builds a whole ata drive in all three modes.
: But if we use it in an USB flash card reader we have to handle it
: as a media in a USB drive.

Correct.

Warner