Re: NFSv4 failure

From: Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:46:47 -0600
In the last episode (Mar 30), Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland said:
> Dan Nelson writes:
>  > In the last episode (Mar 29), Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland said:
>  > > I just cvsupped latest current sources and tried to use nfsv4 against
>  > > my Solaris 10 machine but module won't even load properly.
>  > >
>  > > kldload: can't load /boot/kernel/nfs4client.ko: No such file or directory
>  > > link_elf: symbol nfs_directio_allow_mmap undefined
>  >
>  > That symbol is in /sys/nfsclient/nfs_vnops.c, so try loading
>  > nfsclient.ko first.  If this works, nfs4client probably needs to
>  > register a module dependency on nfs.
>  >
> That won't work either.
>
> cat# kldload /boot/kernel/nfsclient.ko
> cat# kldload /boot/kernel/nfs4client.ko
> kldload: can't load /boot/kernel/nfs4client.ko: File exists
> interface nfslock.1 already present in the KLD 'nfsclient.ko'!

Actually, it looks like the nfsclient module includes the nfs4 sources.
I have "options NFSCLIENT" in my kernel config file, and I can mount a
local Solaris 10 box using mount_nfs4.  Ethereal confirms that I'm
talking NFSV4 over the wire.

I'm not sure what the nfs4client module is supposed to do.  Maybe it
was standalone at some point but they got merged?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson_at_allantgroup.com