Re: troubles with bluetooth configuration

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin_at_savvis.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:37:42 -0800
Hello,

>  When I try to initiate my local bt (/etc/rc.bluetooth start ubt0), I
>  receive an error message: Can`t load ng_bluetooth.

ok, what is the exact error message?

>  I`ve suuposed that is because ng_bluetooth.ko module not loaded, but I
>  wrong. I`ve load ng_bluetooth.ko and some other BT modules (like
>  ng_btsockets etc), but I`ve received new error: ngctl: can`t create a
>  node. permission deny.

are you running rc.bluetooth as root?

>  P.S. In my /dev dir I don`t see any ubt devices, it is normally? Even
>  when I attach my BT into the usb.

that fine. bluetooth device drivers and the stack itself implemented in
netgraph(4). bluetooth device drivers will not create device nodes under
/dev, they only create netgraph(4) nodes.

thanks,
max

p.s. in the future please ask bluetooth related questions in
freebsd-bluetooth_at_ mailing list

p.p.s. you do not have to post twice the same message.