Re: bridging and ipfw under 5.4-RC3.

From: Josef Karthauser <joe_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 21:21:22 +0100
On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 09:04:13PM +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> I'm having a bit of trouble getting ipfw and bridging working under
> 5.4-RC3.  I've just upgraded a 4.11 machine to RELENG_5_4 expecting the
> preexisting bridging configuration to work, but it doesn't.  Or at least
> it does at boot time and then after a little while bridging just stops
> altogether.  If I kldunload bridge and ipfw and then reload them I can
> get it working again, but only for a short period.  Does anyone else see
> this too or is it just me?

Ok, refining the solution slightly.  I can fix the problem by doing:

    # kldunload ipfw && kldload ipfw && /etc/netstart

This clears the problem every time.  Definitely smells like a bug to me.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe_at_tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/