Re: ULE, 4BSD and xorg

From: Nguyen Tam Chinh <chinhngt_at_sectorb.msk.ru>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 11:21:21 +0400 (MSD)
On Tue, 3 May 2005, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nguyen Tam Chinh wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I've tried to use ULE in a fresh -CURRENT (with xorg-6.8.2). After startx
>> my computer simply reboot without no message. Recomiling the kernel with
>> 4BSD, all is okay again. The problem is without X, the ULE worked
>> normally and even gained some speedups (just my *objective* evaluation).
>> So, please tell me if anyone here is using the ULE successfully in
>> -CURRENT?
>
> My apologies Nguyen.  ULE has fallen into a state of disrepair.  I would
> not trust it until I spend some time sorting out the current crop of
> problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff

I hopes you and other commiters (julian, jhb, ...) could find enough time
and effort to fix the scheduler. As I know, the discription of ULE was
published, so It'd be better if more people come to have a look at the
code.

-----
With best regards,          |            The Power to Serve
Nguyen Tam Chinh            |          http://www.FreeBSD.org
Loc: sp.cs.msu.su           |