Re: boot banner project

From: anon:*:anon <d4rkstorm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 15:09:20 +1000
Some things that come to mind:

       - graphical installer (with partitioner, dual boot
               stuff, and ports installation ability)
       - GUI-based package manager, with support for
               vendor-provided packages
       - decent Java installation (sorry, but what we have
               now is a joke)
       - up-to-date Flash support
       - video/webcam support
       - improvements to the plug-and-play support for
         printers, scanners and a few other common devices

This is what i am talking about :-) , for me personally, i would
really like to see the Graphical installer happen, only so i can then
remove these silly M$ from the offie wich are needed by 'basic' users,
who wont even try a simple Linux distro (:( ive tried but to no
avail.) The average user, does like to just see a smooth, fast Hi im
PC! How are u today" it seems, sorry for my use of the great technical
wording,its friday ;) and thankyou for adding in this list, its very
much a sore point amongst usergroups I know and people I associate
with, and I would hardly call them illiterate, just under knowledge,as
i was before using a nongui based platform.
Thankyou for anyand all input on tis, im suckin it in,and hoping :)
If all else fails, heck, will just have to help or write my own! :)
Regards,
Drew B.