loss of keyboard in single-user mode in RELENG_5

From: Thierry Herbelot <thierry_at_herbelot.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 17:50:10 +0200
Hello,

I have rebuilt the world and kernel this morning.

After rebooting with the new kernel, I have selected Single user in the loader
boot menu, but the keyboard is not active.

The machine is an Asus A7V333 machine, running with ACPI.

The new kernel does not boot without ACPI (it goes directly to a page fault
after prompting for a /bin/sh shell).

Interesting files :
- truncated verbose boot dmesg with the working kernel :
http://herbelot.tfh.free.fr/Diversion/div.dmesg-verb.good
- truncated verbose boot dmesg of the non-working kernel :
http://herbelot.tfh.free.fr/Diversion/div.dmesg-verb.bug
- non-truncated non-verbose boot dmesg of the working kernel :
http://herbelot.tfh.free.fr/Diversion/div.dmesg.good2
- ident strings of the working kernel :
http://herbelot.tfh.free.fr/Diversion/div.kern.ident.good
- ident strings of the non-working kernel :
http://herbelot.tfh.free.fr/Diversion/div.kern.ident.bug
- ident strings of the modified sources between the two kernels :
http://herbelot.tfh.free.fr/Diversion/div.kern.ident.diff²
- kernel config file :
http://herbelot.tfh.free.fr/Diversion/DIVERSION

For now, the machine runs with the old kernel and the new world

	TfH