Re: Very low disk performance Highpoint 1820a

From: Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 16:13:54 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Long" <scottl_at_samsco.org>
>> According to the documentation this is not the case and the XOR
>> calcs are done in hardware on the onboard HPT 601.
>
> Maybe I'm confused and we are talking about different cards.

Quite possibly all other highpoint cards that Im aware of are
software RAID.

>> Note: all tests are being done on i386 not AMD64 due to our requirement
>> for i386 Linux emulation which it is my understanding is not available when
>> running AMD64 FreeBSD.
>
> Linux/i386 emulation works quite well on FreeBSD/amd64 and is getting
> better every day.  There is active development on it at the moment.

Now that is very interesting. Are you talking in 5.x stream or in 6.x?
I cant risk putting 6x on this machine but would be quite willing to
throw 5.x AMD64 on it and give it a whirl.

    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster_at_multiplay.co.uk.