Re: Mouse / psm0 via D-Link KVM won't load on 5.4, does on 5.3

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:10:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 8 May 2005, Harry Coin wrote:

> I'd be very happy with that and a doc update including a note suggesting to
> increase the value in cases of mouse not found via KVM.

Can you draft a patch for the manpage for this then?   Or a paragraph to
add?

> (maybe even a debug hint when the aux reset times out?  After all if there
> is no mouse, then pcipnp won't find it, so this message will only appear
> when a timeout occurs and also at the same time a ps/2 mouse is detected.)

I don't know if you can tell the difference beteween a timeout due to too
short a wait and a timeout due to a non-present or functional device.  I'm
not partiuclarly familiar with the aux protocol, though.

> Thanks for engaging here, I'm glad the effort moved the bean ahead a tad.

Persistence pays :)