raid array trouble > 2TB - freebsd 5.4 install

From: general <general_at_undergroundsea.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 03:50:40
Hey all, i've had a bit of trouble getting freebsd installed with my 2.5TB array.

I'm using a 3ware 9500s Raid controller with 12 250G drives.  I've been through this install before a few months ago when the array was only 1.5TB installing freebsd 5.3.

So, installing 5.4, i know that sysinstall is a bit confused and it see's the size wrong (at least it was with 5.3).  Just like before, i created one slice and then partitioned my OS partitions (using about 20G).  My plan was to just create that, get it installed, and once installed, use disklabel and fix the partitions.

Once installed, i ran fdisk and it showed the size wrong (only about 600G, possible remainder after 2TB).  So i ran 'fdisk -u /dev/da0' and it errors back 'no such file or directory'.  I get the same error if i try with da0s1 also.

Does anyone know why i'm getting this?  I'm rebuilding the array now with 2TB auto-carving to see if i can at least get 2 volumes going, but i would really like one large volume.  Thanks for any help you can provide

-