Re: ULE, 4BSD and xorg

From: Jonathan Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:37:51 -0500
On 05/10/05 21:25, Jiawei Ye wrote:
> On 5/11/05, Mikko Työläjärvi <mbsd_at_pacbell.net> wrote:
>>On Tue, 10 May 2005, Jiawei Ye wrote:
>>FWIW, I get this too on my laptop.  Basic troubleshooting shows that
>>it is DRI that blows up.  Removing 'Load "dri"' from Xorg's config was
>>not sufficient, as the server will try to autoload the "sis" kmod
>>anyway.  Had to delete "sis.ko" as well.
>
> I use SIS630 on this machien too, so the confirmed fact is that SIS
> chipset doesn't work in X under -current?

Have you tried the xorg-server-snap and dri-devel ports?  The DRM code
was updated recently and could be to blame, although testing it with
newer code would be an interesting data point.

Also, try loading the module at boot by putting 'sis_load="YES"' in
/boot/loader.conf.  Does X work then?  The reason I ask is that I have a
machine with an r128 card that displays garbage when the module is
loaded by X but works perfectly when the module is loaded beforehand.
I've been told that when the module is loaded should make no difference,
but my experience tells me otherwise...

>>I think it is unrelated to the scheduler (I'm using 4BSD). Current
>>from late March worked fine with DRI, current from late April does
>>not.

See note above about DRM being updated recently.

--
Jonathan Noack | noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu | OpenPGP: 0x991D8195