Re: ICH5R

From: Samuel Clements <sclements_at_linkline.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:02:44 -0700
Randall Wiggins wrote:
> I just built a new box with the ASUS P4P800SE with ICH5R SATA RAID 0/1
> controller onboard.
> I found your post about CVSUPing the source and bringing the 5.4 kernel
> to CURRENT, but was wondering if you know of any issues with CURRENT
> right now with this RAID controller etc?

I think the only current issue with this controller (assuming the format
is one of the Adaptec, Intel, LSI, or other supported format) is the
lack of ability to create an array from within FreeBSD. As long as you
can create the array in the BIOS, it should work just fine.

Any one else have any major issues with these? All my boxes seem to be
running just fine...

> Randy
Sam