Re: Alright you primitive screwheads, LISTEN UP!!

From: Gary Kline <kline_at_tao.thought.org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:37:37 -0700
On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 08:17:45PM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> Kövesdán Gábor wrote:
> >Dear Bill and everyone,
> >
> >just a little comment: as far as I know there are two countries where
> >the first name and the family name is used in different order, and these
> >two countries are Japan and Hungary. I'm Hungarian thus my name often
>
> They are not allone. China also does it and the 'official' Germany, but
> it is not commonly used.

	Well, (Gary said, ddeliberately changing the ^Subject:),
	interesting. My mother's parents are from Hungary, two of my
	dad's grandparents from  Germany.

	Didn't know about Hungary (or Japan).  China, yes.  Anybody
	on this geek list know any other societies where the surname
	is traditionally presented first and the given name last?

	gary

	PS:  So long as no one calls me a 'primitive f*ckhead', I answer
	     to just about anything:)

--
   Gary Kline     kline_at_thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix