rpc.umntall timeout

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:50:17 +0200
Hi,

I used to connect to multiple networks with my laptop.  The problem is
that rpc.umntall(8) automatically tries to send a RPCMNT_UMOUNT to all
old entries in /var/db/mounttab.  I always need to hit ^C because it
takes too long to timeout.

I watched at the code to see if I couldn't set a timeout on the sending
socket to shorten the amount of time it tries to contact the NFS server
of each deprecated mount.

It looks there is already a hard-coded timeout of three seconds on the
call of clnt_call(3), but I added some printf(3)s and this is
obviously the preceding clnt_create(3) call which takes so much time.

I looked at the code of this function, and this is not much than a simple
wrapper to clnt_create_timed(3) function.  So I changed rpc.umntall(3)
code to use this function and the same timeout as clnt_call(3) instead of
using the non-timed version.  This is what this small patch does.  It may
be worth creating an option for this, I don't know if waiting a big amount
of time is relevant in specific some cases.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen