Re: [CALL FOR TESTERS] VESA High Resolution Console support from DragonFly

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 05:19:21 +0300
On 2005-05-22 19:26, Xin LI <delphij_at_frontfree.net> wrote:
> Dear -CURRENT users,
> I would like to solicit a test of the following patchset which is based
> on DragonFly's changes, against -CURRENT, to bring high resolution console
> support to FreeBSD.  The current patchset can be considered as "BETA" and
> I would commit it if there is no complain about this patchset in the next
> week.
>
> The patchset can be found at:
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/vesa/patchset-highres.20050522

First of all, a big *thanks* for your work :-)

I just rebuilt my kernel+world from today's sources, installed, then
patched and reinstalled kernel+vidcontrol.  All seems to work fine, and
I can use a console of 1024x768, switch between consoles with different
modes, start X11 and then stop it again and have the console return to
its previous mode, etc.

Almost everything seems to work absolutely great.  Except for one minor
detail:

When I double click on a word, to select this word in a console window,
the characters under the cursor and 1-2 characters after it get messed
up a bit (i.e. foreground and background colors getting a bit mixed up
where the cursor "covers" parts of the characters).

- Giorgos