Re: Newest loader from CVS not working

From: David Gurvich <david.freebsd_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 23:40:27 -0400
On Sunday 22 May 2005 14:45, Doug White wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2005, David Gurvich wrote:
> > New cvsup cycle has not fixed the problem.  Might it have anything to do
> > with the fact my freebsd partition is not the first partition?
>
> Unlikely ... are you _sure_ you updated your sources correctly and you're
> booting the fixed loader?
I am sure.  I had previously copied the old loader to a backup location and
then copied that to /boot/loader.  Then the cvsup, buildworld kernel and
install cycle.  The new loader does what all the previous loaders did that
failed to work correctly.  It would get to a point where I could either
escape to the #boot prompt and have it use the older loader or go into a
reboot cycle.  I am currently using the older loader.  Using the older loader
I have had no problems with the system other than KWrite crashing when doing
a search.