Re: ACPI errors with recent laptop

From: Bruno Ducrot <ducrot_at_poupinou.org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:04:25 +0200
On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 06:32:12PM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> I run a -CURRENT kernel from yesterday on my very recent laptop (Acer
> Extensa 4100), but it has a few problems with ACPI.  In particular,
> I have some weird error at boot time or when I run "sysctl hw.acpi"
> and I can't get the screen back from S3 state.
>
> I attached the boot -v output with this mail.  Please feel free to
> contact me to have more informations.

I think I have already seen that error.  The only way to go is to dump
the asl, and replace some names (Z00?) with Zero, then override the dsdt
with the corrected one.
You can post to me a dump to the asl and I will correct this one.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.