Re: wrong link state change message from vr0

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:34:31 +0200
Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 May 2005, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get a "vr0: link state changed to DOWN" when it should be a UP-message
>> (kernel as of May 2). I want to fix this, but don't know what part of
>> the source is responsible and how it should look like. Can someone
>> please give me a hint?
>
> Are you saying the messages are reversed, i.e. when the link goes down it
> says UP and when the cable is plugged in it says DOWN?

I've noticed that the connector is broken. Depending on the direction the
cable is coming in I have network access or not. I will get back to this
topic when I've disassembled my laptop and successfully soldered in a
replacement connector. Until then I can't make any reliable measurement.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7