Re: nForce 4, SATA Drive only runs at UDMA33?

From: alan bryan <alanbryan1234_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:17:51 -0700 (PDT)
--- Søren Schmidt <sos_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > Is there anything in -CURRENT that would help this
> > work better than 5-STABLE plus the ATA mkIII "n"
> > patches?
>
> Yes, I've done quite a bit of changes that affects
> this on -current.
> However its done blindfolded since I dont have a
> nForce4 based system
> here yet (but should soon).
>
> - Søren

How soon is "soon"?  I may be able to send you some
hardware too if that would be helpful.

I tried a -CURRENT kernel today but didn't
build/install world or anything else as I don't want
to mess up this machines 5.4 installation.  The result
was that it now seems to identify all the atapici0 -
atapici3 controllers and doesn't do the repeated
DISCONNECTED/CONNECTED messages but it still panicked
near the end of the bootup process, around the USB
area.

I called a friend today who has a spare SATA drive I
can borrow so I'll be picking that up tomorrow and
I'll swap out drives and do a fresh -CURRENT install
tomorrow on that new drive to see if I can get it any
further along towards a successful boot.  I'll report
back with my findings.

Thanks for the help!

--Alan Bryan