Re: [CALL FOR TESTERS] VESA High Resolution Console support from DragonFly

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:06:45 -0700
I have now completely updated my system (IBM T30 with Radeon M7 7500
graphics) to current with the patches applied. I am loading vesa a boot
time.

I see all of the graphics modes (about 30 of them), but am unable to
enable them. I get either:
vidcontrol: Setting video mode: Inappropriate ioctl for device
or
vidcontrol: cannot activate raster mode: Inappropriate ioctl for device

depending on the mode selected. If I get the first message, it is almost
instantaneous. If I get the second, the display blanks for several
seconds before the message comes out.

Any suggestions Should I build the kernel with vesa as opposed to loading
the module?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)