Re: ath0 goes down periodically

From: Emil Mikulic <emil_at_cs.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:02:19 +1000
On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 09:51:42AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> Emil Mikulic wrote:
> >At home I have a FreeBSD 6-CURRENT machine with an ath card acting as
> >an access point.  Every once in a while, wireless traffic stops and I
> >have to log in to this machine and manually bounce the interface to
> >get it going again.
>
> When this happens can you see beacons being xmit'd by the ap?  Also
> the output of athstats (src/tools/tools/ath) may be useful.

As well as the AP machine, I have a FreeBSD 5-STABLE machine upstairs
which is a WiFi client.  On which machine do you want me to turn debugging
on, and which flags?

I've played around with /usr/src/tools/tools/ath/athdebug.c and
/usr/src/tools/tools/ath/80211debug.c before.

What I remember is:

 - using one of the two tools to set some some flag lets me see beacons
   =)

 - not to turn on certain flags on the AP machine since it has a serial
   console and the flood of debugging output makes it grind to a halt
   =/

Is there an easy way around this?  Or do I only need to watch for
beacons on the client machine?

--Emil