Crash Dump

From: Kevin Downey <redchin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:28:38 -0700
first off:
FreeBSD zifnab 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #0: Mon May 30 07:53:44
PDT 2005     kevin_at_zifnab:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SEE_NO_EVIL  i386
built from sources cvsuped yesterday (the 29th of May) ontop of the
SNAP002 or whatever it was called from March.

Now, I am getting what seem to me, to be random crashes. Of course
there are many things in this world which seem random to me because I
do not know what is going on. These crashes indubitably fall in to
this category of things.
I figure the best way to learn more about this is to ask other people.
And I also know that when asking other people, particular this list,
it is a good idea to be in possession of various background
information. But, and here is the twist, when the panic happens, the
'dumping X megabytes of memory`, or whatever the exact wording is,
message pops up, and then just sits there for however long I am
willing to let the machine sit(2 hours is the upper limit on that).
The IDE activity LED does not blink(I assume it should be blinking if
the memory is being dumped to swap on an IDE drive), it does blink
when I hit keys on the keyboard.

dmesg from the machine: http://kevin.is.a.zombie.org/dmesg
kernel config: http://kevin.is.a.zombie.org/SEE_NO_EVIL

kevin_at_zifnab:~% swapinfo
Device          1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity
/dev/ad0s1b       2572288    19972  2572288     1%

And on a somewhat unrelated note, I get hard lockups(have to hit the
reboot button to reboot) when playing videos using xv(have not tried
other options). It does happen somewhat intermittently, mostly if I
play more than one video file in a row.
--
The best prophet of the future is the past.