usb mass storage problems

From: Mr Kevin Croston <crosto_k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 04:20:30 -0700 (PDT)
I disconnected my USB cable from my PC running XP when
I should have powered off the device 1st.  Now device
manager shows the following message under
USB mass storage device:
The device can not start (code 10)

I have tried to disable and re-enable the mass
storage.  Uninstall it and add hardware wizard.  I
have also tried to disable and renable the USB
controllers as well as the root hub.  I have also
tried the troubleshooting steps under usb mass
storage.  Problem still persist.

Can you help?