RE: Really poor performance on /dev/ttyv* only

From: Darren Pilgrim <dmp_at_bitfreak.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:46:09 -0800
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey
> I've just installed -CURRENT on a Dell Inspiron 6000, and I discover
> that the keyboard response on virtual terminals (/dev/ttyv*) is very
> slow.  If I keyboard repeat, the echo to the terminal is jerky, about
> 3 or 4 characters at a time with a marked delay in between.  Under X
> or over the network there's no problem.  Has anybody else seen this?
> The kernel isn't 100% GENERIC (I've disabled WITNESS and
> WITNESS_SKIPSPIN, for example), but I can't see anything that would
> explain this behaviour.

FWIW, I also have an i6k and have a few-months-old -CURRENT running on it
and said problem is not present.  I'm not 100% sure of the date, but it was
shortly after the wpa_supplicant import and Brooks Davis' big rc fix-up.  If
it's important, I'll grab the sup date and post the assorted world/kernel
configs.