Re: MySQL crashes on amd64

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:33:17 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Stefan Cars wrote:

> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >
> > The bug is well understood and is solely on the user end (operator did
> > not upgrade software correctly, and caused it to be linked to two
> > versions of the same library), it's not a software or FreeBSD bug.
> >
> > Kris
>

> I don't think this is the case, if I use libthr.so it works perfectly,
> If I use libpthread.so it doesn't work. It depends on what lib I link it
> to. The mysqld was NOT linked to two versions of the same library.

You still haven't shown that it isn't using 2 different versions of
libpthread.  Unless you've done portupgrade -af, or used libmap.conf
to map libpthread.so.1 -> libpthread.so.2, then you haven't shown
that at all (mysqld may not be linked to 2 different libpthreads,
but something it depends on may be).  And was it working before
you upgraded to 7.0-current?  You haven't said if it was _ever_
working with libpthread or not.

--
DE