Re: amd64 6-release cd install, no serial console joy

From: Michael VInce <mv_at_roq.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:10:00 +1100
I am having similar problems on a Dell 2850  using 6.0R AMD64, but I
believe its not something to do with my hardware although I don't have
any other AMD64/EMT64 server to test on.

I don't think I have actually done a ISO install via serial console on
6.0-Release but I think I did on beta versions and it did work.
I have been trying to do a PXE install and watching it all via serial
console and it works fine as long as I dont use 6.0-Release files. Using
a 6.0beta with PXE is working it fully boots the kernel and brings up
sysinstall my only problem now is that when it tries to do a FTP install
it goes for a 6.0beta5 directory which doesn't exist. When I  try to use
a 6.0-Release I can get it to boot loader and then get it to load the
kernel but after that it disappears don't get any boot messages at all.

Mike