Re: install problems for freeBSD 6 on tyan i7520

From: ke.han <ke.han_at_redstarling.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:52:16 +0800
John Baldwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 November 2005 08:47 am, ke.han wrote:

> lsdev in the loader uses the BIOS.  The kernel is not able to use the BIOS to
> talk to drives.  Can you hook up a serial console and capture verbose boot
> messages?  We need some more details such as what kind of ATA controller you
> are trying to use.

The tyan i7520 specs are at:
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderi7520_spec.html

I would love to capture more info and send it in.  Sounds like I need a
serial cable?  Any specific pin arrangement?  Is there a howto on this?
I have a working laptop with freeBSD 6.  Do I just connect the laptop to
the server some way?

thanks, ke han