Re: Problem remains with FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE as seen in RELENG_5

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:44:47 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Philip Kizer wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2005, at 11:01, Philip Kizer wrote:
>> Well, it's been a few days since the last time I heard from anyone that had
>> been helping me with this and I only recall seeing one diagnostic patch to
>> apply (that does not seem to have been triggered in subsequent hangs).
>> Have there been any more patches I've missed that would help either the
>> problem or diagnostics?
>
> Well, with 6.0 going production, I updated my test system to that:
> 	FreeBSD host6 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #2: Tue Nov  8 08:40:32
> CST 2005
>
> since I figured you would do most of your development/patching against
> something more recent than RC2.
>
> I have now had another live-lock after upgrading:
>
> 	http://www.nostrum.com/hang/hang.RELENG_6-trace-2005-11-09-0.txt
> Any other suggestions or pointers on how to identify this livelock?

This looks like much the same issue in the UNIX domain sockets.  I have
been looking at executing unp_gc in a deferred context, and have an
initial patch which I need to test some before I send to you.  Hopefully
it will be ready for you to try out in a day or two.

> As an added point, during boot I did see this LOR:

This is likely unrelated to the problem you're experiencing, and has been
reported previously.  I think a workaround or fix for this may have been
committed to HEAD, but would need to check the logs and see.  It should be
non-harmful.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson