Re: pptpclient & CURRENT

From: Victor Snezhko <snezhko_at_indorsoft.ru>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:58:55 +0600
Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:

> A> Anyone successfully using pptpclient in CURRENT?
> A>
> A> Running CURRENT and ran 'pptpclient x.x.x.x LABEL' to setup my VPN
> A> connection.  On a CURRENT from Nov 8th, that rebooted my machine, but with
> A> CURRENT, after an ifconfig or two (just viewing ifconfig output), i got:
> A>
> A> Unread portion of the kernel message buffer:
> A> Memory modified after free 0xc3555aa0(28) val=0 _at_ 0xc3555aa0
> A> panic: Most recently used by in6_multi
>
> Looks like IPv6 is the problematic module.

Yes, it was broken for some time (since Oct 21), but now the fix to
the problem that caused many bugreports is committed by suz_at_ (he
committed that on Wed Nov 15, before the bugreport we are discussing
now).

Minor problem remains with callout_stop being used everywhere.
suz_at_ said he reviews the code now.

--
WBR, Victor V. Snezhko
EMail: snezhko_at_indorsoft.ru