Re: KSE: whom to blame, -current SMP or firefox?

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:55:50 +0300
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 07:41:41PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Could have to do with your CFLAGS.  I certainly don't see this on my
> -CURRENT i386 machine using default CFLAGS (plus -g).  That machine is a
> single CPU system with Hyperthreading enabled, so it looks like two
> CPUs.  However, there may be a true SMP problem, but I don't think it's
> anything known to the FreeBSD GNOME team.

Not in my case, at least. I try lowest possible CFLAGS (-O -pipe) first
of all.

As I already mention, it happens too with the same binary/libs I just copy
from the machine where they works.

Also I can mention that the problem appears relatively recently. It works
even on the SMP machine about 2 months ago.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/