[patch] remove build dependencies in bsd.ports.mk

From: Nicolas Blais <nb_root_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:03:46 -0500
This may or may not be useful for the FreeBSD community but....

As I 'ls /var/db/pkg', I noticed a lot of ports I didn't use and that didn't
have a +REQUIRED_BY file. Ports such as ezm3 and gcc-ooo that I could do
without. So, what I did is a simple hack in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk so that
I can run 'make deinstall-builddepends' after a port is installed, and it
will ask me to remove any build dependencies.

So far it works great, but I couldn't use the 'force (-f)' parameter in the
deinstall target so I made a new target called interactivedeinstall. (I found
out the hard way when I 'deinstall-builddepends' in cvsup and it removed my
xorg-libraries...).

One could improve my patch by detecting if the port is already +REQUIRED_BY
another port so it would not ask to delete it.

You can get the patch here:
http://www.clkroot.net/FreeBSD/update/bsd.port.mk.diff

All comments are welcomed,
Nicolas.
--
FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: Sat Nov 19 12:36:29 EST 2005
root_at_clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A