Re: em interrupt storm

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:03:26 -0800
So I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread and now
suddenly I find that
I may have a variant of this problem.

I have been tasked with adding a 4 port intel (em) based card into a
Dell 2850 based system.
It is based on the intel E7525 chipset and running 4.11.

I have noticed that this system has irq's in use from 16 down (Maybe in
-current it may use higher)
but that some interrupt counts seem to move together, as if they are
wired to gether.

I also have the problem that the system seems to get completely wedged
sometimes
as it seems to get into the em driver interupt routine and never get out
again,
or if it does get out it gets called right back in again.

Can someone who was following this tell me if this is the same problem?

I can get into the kernel debugger and it usually shows the
amr interrupt handler, having been interrupted by the em driver, (and
that interrupted by
the keyboard interrupt handler for the KDB entry.)

It seems that no matter how hard it tries or how  often it is called the em
driver is unable to clear this interrupt.

Am I reading this correctly in that it seems to be the same problem as was
being discussed here?