Re: A4Tech mouse problem solved (but strangely!)

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:14:11 -0600
On 11/26/05, Justin R. Smith <jsmith_at_drexel.edu> wrote:
> I had a problem with the mouse wheel being detected on my wireless
> A4Tech mouse. It is supposed to emulate a generic Intellimouse.
>
> The solution is to run moused with NO type parameter. A parameter of
> "auto" or "ps/2" or "microsoft" won't work. You must have a command line of:
>
> /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/psm0
>
> (with NO -t parameter)
> Unfortunately, one cannot use the automatic scripts in rc.conf to do
> this because they always use a parameter and fill in "microsoft" if one
> leaves the mouse type blank.

Make the following changes to /etc/rc.d/moused

Add this if statement before "echo -n "Starting ${ms} moused:"

:
fi

if "${mytype}" == "NONE" ; then
           mytype=""
fi

echo -n "Starting ${ms} moused:"
:

Then change:

/usr/sbin/moused ${myflags} -p ${myport} -t ${mytype} ${_pidarg}

/usr/sbin/moused ${myflags} -p ${myport} ${mytype:+-t} ${mytype} ${_pidarg}

Now add to /etc/rc.conf:

moused_psm0_type="NONE"
or
moused_type="NONE"

${mytype:+-t} will modify the commands flags only, when ${mytype} is
unset or null, null is substituted; otherwise -t substituted.

I haven't checked if this works, but if you could make the changes,
verify that it works for you and submit a PR with the patch.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.