Re: problems with -current

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:40:06 +0100
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 10:37 -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> dear hackers,
>
> after cvsup'ing recent current (as of yesterday evening pst) and
> building/installing new kernel/world i started having problems:
>
> problem 1: startx simply reboots my laptop. i can see x coming up, then
> after just a few seconds my laptop reboots. no window manager, no
> nothing. my laptop is a dell with some radeon video card. will provide
> more details on request.
>
> problem 2: when system is booted and filesystem is not clean fsck is
> started and checks all dirty filesystems. then boot process continues as
> usual, however root filesystem is still mounted read-only, i.e.

I've seen the problem with the ro-only / fs too. I can't get it to mount
rw manually either - only rebooting helps.

I remember seeing some changes to mount some days ago, I guess they
cause this.

CVS log says:
Remove UFS-specific parts from mount(8).
For mounting UFS, all mount options are passed directly to nmount(),
without any UFS-specific logic.