mount --bind equivalent? mount_null broken or not?

From: Jim Keller <freebsd_at_contexthosting.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 23:58:15 -0400
I've been using mount_null for quite some time to mount filesystems
beneath chroot jails, and have had no problems. However, the man page
for mount_null has had a warning (since 1995, apparently) that "IT
DOESN'T WORK", and I know OpenBSD has removed nullfs support as of
version 3.7 (per
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2005-09/0198.html). The
bug listed in that thread doesn't appear to apply to FreeBSD, as I was
able to successfully null mount /dev and list its contents. So my
questions are:

1. is nullfs actively supported on FreeBSD? If so, are there plans to
continue supporting it?
2. If not, is there another way of mounting filesystems to alternate
directories on the system, as linux's "mount --bind" does? Or will mount
--bind be added to the FreeBSD mount command?

Thanks

-Jim Keller