mirror

From: Garrett Wollman <wollman_at_csail.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:30:12 -0400
<<On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:12:32 -0700, Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com> said:

> is ccd still the way to go, or is there a new incantation?

You could use either ataraid or gmirror in this case.  I've multiple
machines doing both: I use ataraid on the boxes which have BIOS
support for it, and gmirror elsewhere.

I've actually built an automated install process that recognizes when
the first two disks are identical and automatically creates a gmirror
instance for them.  I've used it to set up a handful of servers and it
works nicely.

-GAWollman