pcf module problem

From: Milan Obuch <current_at_dino.sk>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:21:33 +0200
While working on ACCESS.bus support for Geode based WRAP boards I run into
some linker issue. As Geode's controller is full hardware implementation, I
used pcf as a template, sort of.

After I put my base module infrastructure together and began work with actual
hardware functions and iicbus interface, my module no longer kldloaded.

Then I checked pcf module and found the same behavior. If you have no 'device
iicbus' in kernel configuration, issuing 'kldload pcf' gives
link_elf: symbol iicbus_intr undefined
kldload: can't load pcf: No such file or directory.

Adding 'device iibus' into kernel configuration and rebuilding kernel fixes
this, so it looks like symbol is just not exported.

As I am using module for development and resulting code will be built in
kernel in application platform (most probably), it is not big issue to me.
I use found work-around. It would be just nice to get this fixed.

Anyway, is anybody out there using pcf? There is some work done in this area,
but not yet linked into main tree. I have not pcf hardware, so I can not test
anything in this area, but it would be good to make the transition from older
i386/isa/pcf.c to new dev/pcf/...

Milan