Re: [ Re: 6.0-BETA5 with Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATA150 controller]

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:27:21 -0400
At 3:42 PM +0200 10/7/05, Søren Schmidt wrote:
>On 07/10/2005, at 14:35, Igor A. Valcov wrote:
>>
>>What SATA controller are you recommended?
>
>With the risk of sounding like a broken record, Promise is my
>favorite as they provide docs and HW so I can write drivers for
>their controllers.

I picked up a 'Promise SATA-II 150 TX4' controller after having a
long run of headaches with a SiI 3112 controller.  In the year or
so since I bought that, I have had zero problems with the Promise
controller.  Mainly used with a Seagate drive, although periodically
I make backups from that drive onto a Western-Digital drive.  The
WD drive is really a PATA drive with a little SATA-adapter added to
it, while the Seagate drive is a genuine SATA drive.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org