Re: dhclient exits after a while

From: Ihsan Dogan <ihsan_at_dogan.ch>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:40:10 +0200
On Tuesday, 13 Sep 2005 09:41 -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:

> >>Hard to say, try giving some useful info like what your setup is.
> >

> >My dhclient.conf:
> >send host-name "makar";
> >
> >I'm using it on a ath interface, but I haven't tried if the same
> >happens also with the em interface. I can verify that too.
>
> Sounds like the network went down and dhclient terminated.  With so
> little info there's not much one can say.

I'm sorry not getting back to you earlier. It really seems to be
a networking issue, because it doesn't happen on the copper (em)
interface. But I'm wondering why dhclient stops, because I don't
have any link up or down messages and I'm not that far away from
the access point, so the signal quality is good.

I start the dhclient with a small script, which is executed
through sudo (nothing special). I noticed, that there is only one
dhclient process, if it's started through this script. If I start
dhclient from the shell (directly with sudo), there are two
dhclient processes.

Ihsan

--
ihsan_at_dogan.ch          http://ihsan.dogan.ch/