RE: 6.0-BETA5: Sees only first ATA RAID volume

From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson_at_telia.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 01:36:39 +0200
Thomas Quinot wrote:

> When booting up, I see the three physical disks as ad4, ad6, and ad8,
> buth only the first RAID volume as ar0 (with a disk size that
> looks like
> the expected 110 Gb) - I do not see any ar1 striped volume.
>
> Is this a bug? A known limitation? Anything specific I need to set up?

I don't think ataraid is capable of handling arrays on anything less
than the full disk. At least this is the case when defining the arrays
using atacontrol.

You probably need to partition/slice the disk and then use
gmirror/gstripe to get this working if you really need different types
of arrays.

/Daniel Eriksson