Re: Firefox dies unexpectedly.

From: Kent Stewart <kstewart_at_owt.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:37:20 -0700
On Tuesday 11 October 2005 10:49 am, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:03:01PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> > [broken quoting fixed]
> >
> > Derrick Edwards <dantavious_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> >  > On Tuesday 11 October 2005 06:16, Uwe Laverenz wrote:
> >  > > On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 05:43:25PM +0200, Mika wrote:
> >  > > > has anyone have the problem that firefox dies spontaneously
> >  > > > ? I get this
> >  > >
> >  > > I have the same problem with Mozilla since I switched from
> >  > > RELENG_5 to RELENG_6. I've rebuilt all my ports completely but
> >  > > it keeps crashing from time to time. This can happen after
> >  > > hours or after a few minutes, mostly when klicking a link.
> >  >
> >  > I am seeing the same thing also. I updated my /etc/libmap.conf
> >  > for FreeBSD 6. I recompiled Firefox also. When I go to nfl.com,
> >  > firefox dies.
> >
> > Do you happen to have any unusual settings in your
> > /etc/make.conf file?  Particularly CFLAGS?
>
> One thing--I have been guilty of this too--on nfl.com does it die as
> in crash or die as in freeze?  I find that native firefox will freeze
> on some flash heavy sites (this thread's come up on forums from time
> to time.)  espn.com is one, tvguide.com when one tries to view the
> description of a particular show's listing is another.  (The same
> holds for mozilla and epiphany and no doubt any others using gecko).
>
> They don't crash as in close, leaving a .core file--they simply
> freeze completely, not responding to keyboard or mouse.

I see the blink and it is gone even on 4-stable. I went there using
Internet Explorer and it appears that my connection from Firefox to
Realplayer is not functional. When it starts to bring up realplayer for
the audio/video is when firefox seems to blink and go away. Konqueror
will bring up the page but it won't do the nfl audio-video.

Kent
--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA