Re: Firefox dies unexpectedly.

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:34:12 +0200 (CEST)
Derrick Edwards wrote:
 > I have CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops in /etc/make.conf
 > Would this do any damage?

Yes.  You should either remove that line completely,
or reduce -O2 to -O, or add -fno-strict-aliasing to it.
Note that the default is:

-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe

If you use -O2 without -fno-strict-aliasing, then you
get problems in programs which are not aliasing-clean.

The best solution is probably to just remove the CFLAGS
line from your /etc/make.conf, then rebuild everything.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I invented Ctrl-Alt-Delete, but Bill Gates made it famous."
        -- David Bradley, original IBM PC design team