Adaptec Serial ATA II RAID 1420SA Support (Marvell chip)

From: Martin Nilsson <martin_at_gneto.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:36:11 +0200
Adaptec have a new moderateley priced SATA-II 4-port PCI-X fakeraid
adapter available.

Unfortunateley driver support for decent operating systems is very
limited, only binary drivers for a few rather old linux distributions.

The chip on the adapter is called AIC-8130 and is also marked Marvell
88SX6541-BCZ, the adaptec Linux driver is called aar81xx.

Is there someone here with contacts inside Marvell or Adaptec so that we
can get specifications for this chip? I can donate a card and a SATA-II
drive to any interested developer if we can obtain specifications.

/Martin Nilsson