Re: Adaptec Serial ATA II RAID 1420SA Support (Marvell chip)

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:47:52 +0200
On 13/10/2005, at 14:10, Martin Nilsson wrote:

> Scott Long wrote:
>
>> Martin Nilsson wrote:
>>
>>> The chip on the adapter is called AIC-8130 and is also marked
>>> Marvell 88SX6541-BCZ, the adaptec Linux driver is called aar81xx.
>>>

> > Getting specs out of Marvell is impossible;
> > it's been tried many times for their previous SATA
> > and network chips, and the result is almost always nothing but
> frustration.
>
> I was under the impression that Søren had at least some kind of
> documentation for the previous generation of Marvell SATA chips.

I do, but I havn't worked on it for quite some time due to other
things getting higher priority.
Also the marvell chips are sufficiently different from the rest of
the world that they are not an easy fit into the system, but thats
been solved long ago.
I hope to get back to this soon together with a few other chipsets
that I've collected during the last months..

Søren Schmidt
sos_at_FreeBSD.org