Re: ufsstat - testers / feedback wanted!

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:18:54 -0500
Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 08:27:50AM -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>>Thanks - great suggestion!  I'll do that.  Any ideas how to remove the
>>FBSDID line jitter from the patches?
>

> When you check out the files from CVS, do not expand the CVS keywords by
> doing: cvs co -kk

So, this brings up a quick question:  what methods do most developers
use when doing things like this?  I looked in the developer's handbook,
but didn't see any quick guide on a good method.  Do you keep the local
cvs repo up to date, then check it out, make changes, etc?  How do you
do the diffs, and track all the changes, while testing too?  I'd like to
kind of copy someone else's known-functional method instead of coming up
with my own.

Eric