Re: pcf module problem

From: Joerg Wunsch <j_at_uriah.heep.sax.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:46:56 +0200
As John Baldwin wrote:

> Ah, I thought you were referring to moving the driver earlier, not
> that it was in both places.  It looks like joerg_at_ is the person to
> ask about that actually as he was in charge of moving the driver
> over.  Joerg, is there any reason we can't just switch over to
> sys/dev/pcf and remove sys/i386/isa/pcf.c at this point?

Not at all.

ISTR Nicolas Souchu once wanted to perform some ``last cleanup
actions'' before actually turning the switch, and so I eventually lost
track about the issue until Milan recently reminded me.  I guess
Nicolas did whatever needs to be done long ago, so I'm all in favor of
switching.

It's only that I currently don't have any real hardware for testing it
anymore, that Sun E450 I've been using by that time tends to run
Solaris most of the time now, and I'd need to install a FreeBSD-
current on it first before I could test anything.  So if anyone else
wants to switch these drivers, I don't mind.  If you're really waiting
for me doing it, tell me so, and I'll see to give all this a final
test drive on that machine once again.