Re: UFS_EXTATTR(_AUTOSTART) broken on 6.0-BETA5

From: Christian S.J. Peron <csjp_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:34:27 +0000
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 03:21:00PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:

> Could you try the attached patch?  It appears to work for me here, and
> I've committed it as ufs_extattr.c:1.82 in HEAD due to a high confidence
> it's the right fix.  I will MFC it for 6.x if it also works for you.
>
> Given that extended attributes seem to be getting little testing with UFS1
> at this point, I'd appreciate it if you could exercise them as much as
> possible in testing so we can try to catch any other bugs that may have
> crept in as the infrastructure around this code changed.

Robert,

Sorry for the long delay on testing this patch, but I have not been in the
Province and have been away from my lab. Although I think it's critical that
this patch be merged to RELENG_6, it does not appear to solve the problem
that I was working on in kern/86550.

Kind regards

--
Christian S.J. Peron