RE: [PANIC] ufs_dirbad: bad dir

From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson_at_telia.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:26:08 +0200
When moving large amounts of data to/from encrypted disks (both GBDE and
GELI) I have been experiencing strange filesystem corruption issues.
Files disappearing or changing content and errors on unmount. I haven't
seen any panics yet though.

I haven't reported this before because I thought it had something to do
with my hardware, but after having moved a ton of data between normal
unencrypted partitions on the same machine I'm starting to wonder if it
isn't a FreeBSD problem after all.

One thing that makes GBDE and GELI disks different from regular disks is
the block/sector size, that's why I'm butting into this thread.

I really don't know if this is at all related to the topic of the
thread, and I cannot easily reproduce or diagnose the problem.

/Daniel Eriksson