Re: Problem remains with FreeBSD 6.0-RC1 as seen in RELENG_5

From: Philip Kizer <pckizer_at_nostrum.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:10:43 -0500
> After it panic'd early in the boot because hptlock wasn't in the
> spinlock
> order list. :)
> Also, Philip, INVARIANTS requires INVARIANT_SUPPORT, which is why
> you had the
> error with _sx_assert().

Ah, I saw that, but was trying to get something out before a (very)
early weekend out with family, so I apologize for not following up on
INVARIANT_SUPPORT before posting...I have a kernel with those
compiling right now.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, John Baldwin wrote:
> He'll need witness for 'show alllocks' but that will require having
> the
> 'hptlock' spin mutex added to witness' spin lock order.  Also, the
> psuedo-rw lock phk created for filedesc isn't witness checked since it
> isn't a mutex or sx lock, and it maybe that there is a reversal
> involving that lock, but it will be tricky to tell if that is the
> case.

I'll watch for the change that will allow me to compile with WITNESS
and post an update as soon as I can with the extra debug data.

Thank you both for your rapid replies,

Philip