Re: Problem remains with FreeBSD 6.0-RC1 as seen in RELENG_5

From: Philip Kizer <pckizer_at_nostrum.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:21:48 -0500
On Oct 19, 2005, at 11:54, Robert Watson wrote:
> This appears to be a problem with file descriptor passing and
> garbage collection.  I've seen one report of a lock order reversal
> along these lines, but it was not believed to be symptomatic of an
> actual hang, just an architectural issue.  This could be a sign
> that we need to address the source of the reversal, although it
> sounds like you don't get a reversal
> warning?
>
> Could I have you try the following DDB commands also:
>
>   show alllocks
>   traceall

OK, this is a new hang with almost all I had before (looks like I did
forgot the "print sysctllock", will I need to be sure and include it
for a complete diagnosis?) and those two as well:

   http://www.nostrum.com/hang/hang.trace-2005-10-25-0.txt

[Or would you prefer I include it directly rather than sparing the
list the output?]

Thank you,
Philip